If you are looking to take your journey with the herbs to a deeper level, A YEAR AMONGST THE HEDGEROWS could be what you are looking for.
A Year Amongst The Hedgerows is a season by season journey through the year, working and connecting with the wild, medicinal herbs that grow amongst our hedgerows and green spaces.
Some of what we will cover will include:
• Foraging – herb walks – identification
• Hands on herbal medicine making: – tinctures – infusions/decoctions – flower essence – syrups – oils – creams & balms.
• Everyone will create his or her own journal throughout the year.
• We will spend time deepening our connection to the plants.
• Learn about the medicinal uses of the herbs both generic and through your own personal connection. The focus being holistic wellness.
• We will look at how dis-ease manifests within the body and the deeper root causes.
• You will be introduced to different therapeutic systems of working, enabling you to make more informed choices when choosing herbs and remedies.
• We will connect deeper with the seasons as we journey through them, learning how to use the plants we forage to treat seasonal ailments.
There will be an element of practical & theory work to do outside of our days together.
Dates 2019 – Saturday 23rd March, 13th April, 11th May, 8th June, 13th July, 7th September, 12th October, 16th November & 7th December.
Venue: Witchampton Village Hall, Witchampton, Nr Wimborne, Dorset.
Total Cost: £970.00 (split payment option available)
Places are limited so its always best to book early.
This course is designed for you to step into the ancient practice of Herb craft and that is my training. This course does not train or qualify you to become a medical herbalist or to treat people on a professional basis. This is a craft for life which will enable you to use herbs for your own health and well-being.
Upon completion of this course, you will be invited to join get together/catch up days with other YATH peeps and a follow on course (Wild Heart Plant Connection) for those who wish to continue deepening their connection to the plants.
If you would like further information please use the button below or drop me an email, Dee at email@example.com
‘It has been a wonderful experience being part of the year amongst the hedgerows group. To learn about and identify the different wild herbs as we follow the seasons has made me feel so much more connected to the plants. I have learnt how to explore the herbs with all my senses, and learning the different qualities and properties of them has been invaluable because I feel I am now equipped to apply them to my own health and wellbeing.
Dee is a wonderful friendly teacher, very enthusiastic, extremely connected to the plants, and very knowledgeable. I would not hesitate to recommend her courses to anyone who is keen to learn more about our wild herbs waiting for us amongst the hedgerows!’ R.Williams -Hants
If anyone is considering Dee’s amazing course, A Year Amongst the Hedgerows, think no more, just book yourself on! Dee is a truly inspirational teacher and her plant wisdom is immense. She is so passionate about her teaching, which makes her courses so rewarding. I am currently in my second year amongst the hedgerows with Dee and will certainly book again for another course next year. So, if you fancy connecting and working with the plants and herbs you see every day, this is the course for you! Tony – Verwood
Dee, I thank you whole heartedly for the gift of this truly amazing course which is enabling me to connect season by season with the plants of the hedgerows and rekindling my love for nature. The deliciousness of the food that you serve incorporating the seasonal produce is wonderful and your teachings are inspirational. Lorraine Hughes