A Year Amongst The Hedgerows course is a season-by-season journey through the year, working and connecting with the wild medicinal herbs that grow amongst our hedgerows and green spaces.
We will work at many different levels exploring and working with local seasonal herbs to use daily in our lives for our health and well-being.
Some of what we will cover will include:
- Foraging – herb walks – identification
- Hands-on herbal remedy making: – tinctures – infusions/decoctions – flower essence – syrups – oils – creams & balms.
- Everyone will create his or her own materia medica throughout the year.
- We will spend time deepening our sensory connection to the plants.
- Learn about the medicinal uses of the herbs, both generic and through your own personal connection.
- We will look at how dis-ease manifests within the body and the deeper root causes.
- You will be introduced to different therapeutic systems of working, enabling you to make better, informed choices when choosing which herbs and remedies to use.
- We will connect deeper with the seasons as we journey through them, learning how to use the plants we forage to treat seasonal ailments and tonics for your health and wellbeing.
Dates 2021 – Saturdays – 27/3 – 17/4 – 15/5 – 19/6 – 24/7 – 11/9 – 9/10 – 13/11 – 11/12.
Venue: Witchampton Village Hall, Witchampton, Nr Wimborne, Dorset.
Total Cost of the course: £970.00 (split payment options available).
Places are limited so it’s always best to book early.
This course is designed for you to step into the ancient practice of herb craft and that is my training. This course does not qualify you to become a medical herbalist or to treat people as a professional herbalist. This course is offered to you as a craft/practice for life, that will enable you to use this ancient practice of herbalism for your own health and well-being.
Upon completion of this course, you will be invited to join catch-up days with other YATH herb lovers and a follow-on course ‘Wild Heart Plant Connection’ is available for those who wish to continue deepening their connection to the plants.
If you would like further information please use the button below or drop me an email, Dee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s what others have said about their experience of the course
‘It has been a wonderful experience being part of the year amongst the hedgerows group. To learn about and identify the different wild herbs as we follow the seasons has made me feel so much more connected to the plants. I have learned how to explore the herbs with all my senses, and learning the different qualities and properties of them has been invaluable because I feel I am now equipped to apply them to my own health and wellbeing.
Dee is a wonderful friendly teacher, very enthusiastic, extremely connected to the plants, and very knowledgeable. I would not hesitate to recommend her courses to anyone who is keen to learn more about our wild herbs waiting for us amongst the hedgerows!’ R.Williams -Hants
If anyone is considering Dee’s amazing course, A Year Amongst the Hedgerows, think no more, just book yourself on! Dee is a truly inspirational teacher and her plant wisdom is immense. She is so passionate about her teaching, which makes her courses so rewarding. I am currently in my second year amongst the hedgerows with Dee and will certainly book again for another course next year. So, if you fancy connecting and working with the plants and herbs you see every day, this is the course for you! Tony – Verwood
Dee, I thank you wholeheartedly for the gift of this truly amazing course which is enabling me to connect season by season with the plants of the hedgerows and rekindling my love for nature. The deliciousness of the food that you serve incorporating the seasonal produce is wonderful and your teachings are inspirational. Lorraine Hughes